Question:
Loft interview! Need tips! ?
readBeTwEeNtheLines
2012-07-14 15:05:06 UTC
I have an interview with Loft and Ann Taylor branch and I am so nervous. I have not worked in retail yet and have no idea what to wear at this interview or how to make myself appear better than others. I really want this job!
Five answers:
Emily
2012-07-14 15:09:28 UTC
Wear nice dressy clothes as in a nice jacket with shirt under and fancy pants. Wear light makeup. Act professional even though its retail. Being bubbly and outgoing will def help! Don't ask too much questions like pay. Act like you really want this job and make sure you know answers if they say tell me why you want this job. Your answer shouldn't be money. Hope I helped and good luck :)
?
2017-01-05 21:35:29 UTC
Ann Taylor Loft Employment
?
2016-10-30 04:20:47 UTC
Ann Taylor Loft Jobs
?
2012-07-14 15:39:03 UTC
I recommend you wear either a two piece matching skirt of pant suit in navy, grey etc, long sleeve conservative white blouse, black low heels or flats, or black skirt of dress black pants, scarf or simple necklace, arrive 15 minutes prior to interview, smile and shake hands when introduced and at end of the interview. Below are a few interview experiences shared by applicants who applied at Loft's. Good Luck!

Sales Associate at Ann Taylor- Interview Fort Myers, FL (Jun 2012 took 1 week)

I received a phone call from the manager and right away she scheduled an interview with me. I went in filled out an Application. I also got the time to look around the store, look at the products they carry so on and so forth. The interview day came around and I was a tad bit surprised when I found out it was a group interview. It wasn't my first group interview, but nonetheless I was nervous. The manager interviewing the group was very nice and she made us feel very comfortable. My advice to you is know about fashion. Know the trends and have a good understanding on how to build a wardrobe/outfits because this job consists of styling. After the interview, I was asked to stay for additional questioning. I was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions-What is your most favorite item in your closet?

Who is your style icon?

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate at Ann Taylor- InterviewCarmel, IN (Jun 2012 - I applied on a whim during my job hunting frenzy. I was surprised to hear back about 2 days after dropping off my application. I was called in and offered to take part in a group interview. The interview consisted of about 6 or so girls. 3 of which were hired. It was a pretty relaxed environment and I honestly wasn't sure how they would have been able to differentiate us based on that interview, but I guess they somehow did! The interview was about 2 hours long and consisted of putting together several outfits to fit certain occasions. Then we were asked several easy questions such as "Why do you want to work for Loft?" and "Where do you get your style inspiration from? Magazines? Celebrities...etc?"

My biggest advice for someone wanting to work at LOFT is to make sure you really understand the brand. During our training, we spent about 4 hours discussing and learning about the brand. So really do your research and make your answers reflect the brand! They really are looking for people who will actively engage with the customer. So be sure to emphasize that you can do that be friendly and upbeat!

Sales Associate at Ann Taylor-Interview Interviewed in Charleston, SC (Feb 2012 -

for the jobs at Ann Taylor Inc. They are going to have you fill out online assessment first. if you pass they will call you to schedule the interview. i had the interview with the store manager.she asked me only few question like give 3 words describe about the company, how would you deal with angry customer, just like common question, name one weakness, .

Interview Questions

What makes you different from the other candidates?,Describe a bad customer service experience. Describe a good one?.,What's you definition of customer service?,What's the biggest obstacle you've had to overcome?,Can you describe the Loft brand?What are the three "must-haves" for next season?

I was called back a couple of days later to have a second interview with the manager. She asked me to tell her a little about myself and then I was asked to go out on the floor again and put together an outfit that I would wear there to work. After that, I was offered the job.

So in other words, the interview might be tricky or nerve-racking for people who are not secure in their fashion knowledge/abilities, if you don't know how to put together an outfit and think on your feet. The one-on-one interview was pretty easy. As long as your not a bundle of nerves and don't get intimidated, you'll be fine.
2016-02-25 05:48:21 UTC
You tell him you have no idea what a L.I.Technician does, but really would likes to find out. Tell him that you are a quick learner and have a good nature, and that Safety is your main priority whilst at work.